What do you feel has been the most useful thing you will take away from this course?
All the amazing websites and tips and hints we've been given. I love Animoto, Delicious, and Pete's PowerPoint Station. Plus the additional computers in my class have given me such an extra incentive to integrate technology into more areas of our day. I'm taking lessons and units I would have ordinarily done and asking my students how they would use technology to accomplish the task. They are more engaged!
Do you think you will plan units that follow a similar format to this one in the future?
Yes- I already have! i modified an "American Symbols" unit from another teacher. I added more twentieth century skills and more group work.
What features from this type of curriculum design might you use again?
Checklists, rubrics, and technology embedded in learning, not technology as an aside. I've also been using the twentieth century learning skills to enhance other units.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It sounds like you have acquired a lot of useful resources and skills as you have progressed through this course. I am so excited to hear that you have already started incorporating these in your classroom!
ReplyDelete