Thursday, February 12, 2009

Module Five

This module has helped me think about student-centered assessment in the following ways….
-I have not ever assessed higher order thinking skills! Scary, I know. By the way, how do you enter that into Pinnacle?
-I also don't involve my students in the assessment. I would like to begin asking my students to help me design a rubric. For that matter, I would like to start using a rubric!!!
-I am good about conferencing with students and groups during projects, but I tend to get off track. I think a rubric and a checklist would be very helpful for my students and me. It would also allow parents to see what there students SHOULD be learning and doing.
-My students have never taken part in peer review. I am anxious to see how out assessment tool in our Zoomerang survery goes.
-I use anecdotal notes but not to monitor behavior or group work. Another new assignment for me!

1 comment:

  1. By using a rubric, everything can be assigned a number value. This helps a lot when needing to enter the grades into the gradebook system. Using checklists are a good idea, and like you siad, it keeps parents in the know as well. That's always helpful for them and you!

    ReplyDelete