This module has helped me to think about using standards, CFQ's, or formative assessments in the following ways...
-CFQ's are great for keeping me, the teacher, on track. They will give me a focus and the ability to "begin with the end in mind." I teach best when I see the end and plan from there. I like to create my assessments first, then plan backward.
-I've always used standards to help me with backward mapping and forming my assessments. I love creating units this way! It helps me teach better when I know where I am going and my students learn better!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is so easy to get off on tangents when planning lessons and not sticking to our original objectives. Sometimes I would teach a lesson and not realize until afterwards that it went in a totally different direction than I had originally planned! I agree that CFQ's really help to eliminate this problem.
ReplyDelete